Emotive Art: What Makes You Laugh? What Makes You Cry?
Emotion is difficult to pin down and define. In a world where fear, anger, and anxiety have heightened, there’s never been a more pressing time to explore what emotion means, and how we communicate it. Some of the greatest observers of this complex topic are the masters of art history. This talk will:
- Look at how artists like Leonardo da Vinci, Gustav Klimt, and Edvard Munch created striking and compelling representations of emotion, as well as the ambiguities that lie within them
- Discuss how emotions are formed and interpreted
- Explain why emotions, particularly negative emotions, are so heightened
- Give practical tips on how to understand and read emotions in a virtual world
- Give strategies on how to connect across the digital divide