Kent Design Study Tour: Ashford's Garden Community and Town Centre Developments
Plus £ 19.00 VAT • Apply code
Join us for a study tour of Ashford’s town centre regeneration projects and the emerging South of Ashford Garden Community (SAGC), including Chilmington Green. The day will begin with a round of presentations from Ashford Borough Council and masterplanner Clare San Martin (JTP) exploring the vision and design principles for the garden community. We will also hear about the key role of community engagement and stewardship in SAGC. A coach will then bring attendees to Chilmington Green for a guided tour of the delivered phases.
After lunch, a short presentation and walking tour of the town centre will explore the regeneration of Ashford through new developments and public realm interventions. This will include several projects by Hollaway Studio, with input from Alex Richards (Partner, Hollaway Studio).
This event will give attendees insights into:
- Community-building and stewardship
- Best practice engagement approaches
- Masterplanning and design coding based on garden community principles
- Town centre regeneration
- Roland Mills, Strategic Development & Delivery Manager, Ashford Borough Council
- Dan Daley, Senior Project Officer – Enabling & Delivery, Ashford Borough Council
- Faye Tomlinson, Team Leader – Strategic Applications (SAGC), Ashford Borough Council
- Simon Cole, Assistant Director of Planning & Development, Ashford Borough Council
- SallyAnne Logan, Stewardship Consultant and former Chilmington Management Organisation Chief Executive
- Steven Musk, Team Leader – Strategic Applications, Ashford Borough Council
- Mark Chaplin, Placemaking Team Leader – Spatial Planning, Ashford Borough Council
- Clare San Martin, Consultant, JTP
- Alex Richards, Partner, Hollaway Studio
- Ross O’Ceallaigh, Learning Programme Manager, Design South East
09:30 Attendees arrive at Ashford Borough Council for refreshments
09:55 Presentations and Q&A on the projects with the guest speakers
11:30 Coach to Chilmington Green followed by guided tour
13:15 Coach back to Ashford Borough Council
13:30 Break for lunch
14:00 Short presentation followed by guided tour of town centre developments
- Date: Friday 9 June 2023
- Time: 10:00 – 4:00pm (Arrive from 9.30)
- Venue: Ashford Borough Council offices
What’s included: Refreshments and coach to/from the venue and Chilmington Green.
Not included: Public transport to/from Ashford (or any other route or means of travel). Parking fees/charges (for those who prefer to drive to Ashford or a connecting railway station, car park/parking meter near the site).
Kent Design members:
4 places for Key Partners
3 places for Partners and Standard Members
For a members free booking code please check with your Key Contact or email us at: [email protected]
(£71.25+VAT per additional place)
There are a limited number of places available for non-members. Places are priced at £95.00 pp + VAT.
The following organisations will be attending:
Ashford Borough Council / Barton Willmore now Stantec / BPTW / Corstorphine + Wright / EDLA / Hollaway Studio / Dartford Borough Council / JTP / Kember Loudon Williams Ltd / Maidstone Borough Council / Millwood Designer Homes Ltd / Otterpool Park LLP / Silverstone Communications Ltd / Stantec / Tunbridge Wells Borough Council.
Cancellation policy information:
Notification of ticket cancellation for an event must be submitted to us in writing 14 days before the date of the event. We will not invoice cancellation charges if we receive this notice. The attendee/registrant can transfer their ticket to a colleague within their organisation, or transfer the ticket to attend a future event with a ticket price of the same value or less.
A cancellation fee will be applied:
- between 8 and 14 days prior to the event, a cancellation charge of 25% of the ticket fee will be applied;
- within 7 days prior to the start of the event, a cancellation charge of 50% of the ticket fee will be applied, plus any expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
The Supplier reserves the right to cancel/postpone/rearrange events, and will notify ticket buyers via email at their earliest convenience.
Image credit: Barratt Homes