Kent Design Knowledge Exchange: Town Centre Developments Showcase
Plus £ 19.00 VAT • Apply code
Knowledge Exchange events are about showcasing projects, sharing knowledge and sparking connections. Town centres and high streets in Kent and Medway are facing the challenge of bouncing back after the pandemic, attracting investment and regeneration. Join us in Gravesend to hear about the new developments transforming town centres across the county and meet the key players making it happen.
Speakers from the public sector will share updates on high streets recovery across the county and regeneration in Gravesham, Medway and Dartford. You’ll also hear about the new developments being led by Hollaway Studio, Lee Evans Partnership and We Made That.
The event will feature a series of presentations, Q&A, and networking with speakers and attendees.
Topics and Speakers:
- Generational Regeneration at F51, Folkestone - Guy Hollaway, Principal Partner, Hollaway Studio
- Creative Approaches to Levelling Up Kent's Town Centres - Holly Lewis, Co-founding Partner, We Made That
- Recovery and Renewal on the Kent High Street - David Godfrey, Policy Adviser, Kent County Council
- Re-Use for Regeneration at Margate - Liz Gibney, Partner, & Sammy Bikoulis, Architect, Lee Evans Partnership
- Gravesham Riverside - Wendy Lane, Assistant Director of Planning & Tom Reynolds, Assistant Director of Strategic Regeneration, Gravesham Borough Council
- Challenges and Opportunities in Dartford - Sonia Collins, Head of Planning Services, Dartford Borough Council
- Dave Harris, Head of Planning, & Duncan Berntsen, Senior Urban Design officer, Medway Council
The event will include:
- Live speaker presentations and Q&A
- Networking opportunities
- Members-only resource library of presentations and further reading
Date: Wednesday 14 September 2022
Time: 9:30 - 12:30 (Arrival from 9:00)
Venue: Civic Centre, Gravesham Borough Council, Gravesend
Kent Design member organisations:
This event is included in your membership package. Ask us for a members booking code / check with your Key Contact prior to booking online.
Non-Kent Design members:
There are a limited number of places available to non-members. The cost of individual places is £95+Vat pp.
Seating: This will be arranged with extra space between seats and rows.
Hand sanitiser gel will be available.
Travel information & directions:
Image credit: Hollaway Studio