Kent Design Knowledge Exchange: Town Centre Developments Showcase
Plus £ 19.00 VAT • Apply code
Knowledge Exchange events are about showcasing projects, sharing knowledge and sparking connections. Town centres and high streets in Kent and Medway are facing the challenge of bouncing back after the pandemic, attracting investment and regeneration. Join us in Gravesend to hear about the new developments transforming town centres across the county and meet the key players making it happen.
Speakers from the public sector will share updates on high streets recovery across the county and regeneration in Gravesham, Medway and Dartford. You’ll also hear about the new developments being led by Hollaway Studio, Lee Evans Partnership and We Made That.
The event will feature a series of presentations, Q&A, and networking with speakers and attendees.
Topics and Speakers:
- Generational Regeneration at F51, Folkestone - Guy Hollaway, Principal Partner, Hollaway Studio
- Creative Approaches to Levelling Up Kent's Town Centres - Holly Lewis, Co-founding Partner, We Made That
- Recovery and Renewal on the Kent High Street - David Godfrey, Policy Adviser, Kent County Council
- Re-Use for Regeneration at Margate - Liz Gibney, Partner, & Sammy Bikoulis, Architect, Lee Evans Partnership
- Gravesham Riverside - Wendy Lane, Assistant Director of Planning & Tom Reynolds, Assistant Director of Strategic Regeneration, Gravesham Borough Council
- Challenges and Opportunities in Dartford - Sonia Collins, Head of Planning Services, Dartford Borough Council
- Dave Harris, Head of Planning, & Duncan Berntsen, Senior Urban Design officer, Medway Council
The event will include:
- Live speaker presentations and Q&A
- Networking opportunities
- Members-only resource library of presentations and further reading
Date: Wednesday 14 September 2022
Time: 9:30 - 12:30 (Arrival from 9:00)
Venue: Civic Centre, Gravesham Borough Council, Gravesend
Kent Design member organisations:
This event is included in your membership package. Ask us for a members booking code / check with your Key Contact prior to booking online.
Non-Kent Design members:
There are a limited number of places available to non-members. The cost of individual places is £95+Vat pp.
Seating: This will be arranged with extra space between seats and rows.
Hand sanitiser gel will be available.
Travel information & directions:
Image credit: Hollaway Studio
Cancellation Policy and Information:
Notification of ticket cancellation for an event must be submitted to us in writing 14 days before the date of the event. We will not invoice cancellation charges if we receive this notice. The attendee/registrant can transfer their ticket to a colleague within their organisation, or transfer the ticket to attend a future event with a ticket price of the same value or less.
A cancellation fee will be applied:
- between 8 and 14 days prior to the event, a cancellation charge of 25% of the ticket fee will be applied;
- within 7 days prior to the start of the event, a cancellation charge of 50% of the ticket fee will be applied, plus any expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
The Supplier reserves the right to cancel/postpone/rearrange events, and will notify ticket buyers via email at their earliest convenience.